The digitalization of the world has set a bunch of new challenges to tackle crisis these days. Companies today are keeping themselves armed with quick ways and means to address the issues that can become crisis in future. When a crisis hits a company the very first question that comes in everybody’s mind is “Who is their PR Agency”. From that moment itself the agency’s image is also in stake as much as the company’s. And in the kind of hyper connected we are living in today where everything is away just a click. Crises are just anticipating to erupt and spread like a wildfire.
- Think outside in – Always remember that the media and others are interested in what customers and stakeholders are saying instead what the company wants to say. Thinking this way will ensure that the correct messages are received by the outside world in crisis.
- The information/messages at the time of crisis should always come from the organization first instead of anywhere else.
- Be alert all the times. Keep a check on all the social media platforms to gauge the digital crisis. Strong groundwork ensures effective and quick crisis response.
- Always keep your key stakeholders and important people in loop and seek their inputs as well. If a stakeholder receives queries from media he/she should be on the same track as you.
- And the most important is to respond to the crisis situation wisely instead of reacting to it.